TIME in Physics state that plagiarism is not acceptable for all author and therefore establishes the following policy stating specific actions (penalties) when plagiarism is identified by plagiarism checker software in an article that is submitted for publication. We are using Duplichecker and/or iThenticate as the plagiarism checker software.
This definition of plagiarism applies to copied text and ideas:
- Regardless of the source of the copied text or idea.
- Regardless of whether the author(s) of the text or idea which you have copied actually copied that text or idea from another source.
- Regardless of whether or not the authorship of the text or idea which you copy is known
- Regardless of the nature of your text (journal paper/article, web page, book chapter, paper submitted for a college course, etc) into which you copy the text or idea
- Regardless of whether or not the author of the source of the copied material gives permission for the material to be copied; and
- Regardless of whether you are or are not the author of the source of the copied text or idea (self-plagiarism).
When plagiarism is identified by the Plagiarism Checker software, the Editorial Board responsible for the review of this paper and will agree on measures according to the extent of plagiarism detected in the article in agreement with the following guidelines:
A small sentence or short paragraph of another manuscript is plagiarized without any significant data or idea taken from the other papers or publications.
Punishment: A warning is given to the authors and a request to change the manuscript and properly cite the original sources.
A significant data, paragraph, or sentence of an article is plagiarized without proper citation to the original source.
Punishment: The submitted article is automatically rejected.
A large portion of an article is plagiarized that involves many aspects such as reproducing original results (data, formulation, equation, law, statement, etc.), ideas, and methods presented in other publications.
Punishment: The paper is automatically rejected and the authors are forbidden to submit further articles to the journal.